Tuesday 26 February 2013

You are so loved


More than you'll ever know, you are loved. By the One who made us. Deeply, truly loved......

I thought I knew that. After all, I've been a Christian for more than twenty years.

Most of us are familiar with John 3:16, “For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life.”

In the past, I could tell people that God loves them and really feel it for them. But strangely, I couldn't genuinely feel it for myself.

Not until the time I hit rock bottom a few years ago. And where I stayed for a while......... a good while........

It was there that I felt Him. His presence was so real, and so comforting. There was no judgment; no condemnation. No reproof of “why are you here?” or “Christians aren't supposed to feel this way”.

He just held me in His arms and rocked me like a baby, whispering words of love and comfort that I wasn't alone. That He was with me, and He always would be. That together, we would get through this.

I will never leave you.............. I am with you always...........

During that time, I had a taste of what it feels like to be unconditionally loved. A love that is not based on what I have done, or what I am doing for Him. He loves me for simply being me. Yes, down-trodden, exhausted, heartbroken, beyond discouraged, ready-to-go-home me! It blew me away, this revelation of how much He loves me and His complete acceptance of where I was.

It has whetted my appetite for more because I realised that what I had experienced was but a drop of water in a vast ocean. There's an entire expanse of His love to be experienced each and every single day. And to be shared with others.

So, I'm sharing His love with you now. He is absolutely wild about you and He longs to show you what He thinks of you. He wants to wrap His arms around you and whisper this in your ear:

I love you.......so much.......more than you'll ever know........

Can you hear Him?


For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” ~ Romans 8:38,39 ~

"...No one can snatch them from the Father's hand." ~ John 10:29 ~


No comments:

Post a Comment